Eligibility for the various categories of membership is as follows:-
i. Qualified Dietitians (營養師) - Any person who is the holder of the Postgraduate Diploma (or MSc) in Human Nutrition and Dietetics at HKU School of Professional and Continuing Education (co-organized with the University of Ulster, UK), or its equivalent qualifications, namely,
- Registered Dietitian of Commission of Dietetic Registration, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (USA); or
- Registered Dietitian of Health & Care Professions Council (UK); or
- Registered Dietitian of Provincial Registration, Dietitians of Canada; or
- Accredited Practising Dietitian of Dietitians Association of Australia.
ii. Qualified Nutritionists (營養學家) - Any person who is the holder of a degree (baccalaureate, master, doctoral) awarded by a university or other institution recognized by the Association majoring in either dietetics or nutritions.
Any person who is the holder of a degree in food science, food service management, home economics, or medicine.
Any student enrolled in a dietetic/nutrition program in a regionally accredited college or university.
Any person who has made a notable contribution to the field of nutrition and dietetics may be admitted to the Association as an Honorary Member upon invitation of the Executive Committee.
Any person who meets the following criteria may apply for membership as Overseas Member:
- He/She holds the same qualification as a Full Member; and
- He/She resides outside Hong Kong for more than 6 months in a fiscal year of the Association.